As one of our most delicious dried fruits, dried strawberries are a customer favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes, and snacks. Our dried strawberries are really sweet and moist and have got praise from many buyers.
Health Benefits of Dried Strawberries:
1. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber is well-known to lower cholesterol and to promote a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
2. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving with no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great snack or addition to any meal.
3. Specific heart-healthy nutrients in strawberries include vitamin C, potassium, fiber and folate. In addition, strawberries contain antioxidant phytochemicals such as ellagic acid, quercetin, kaempferol and phenolic acid - members of a family of compounds called flavonoids that are being studied for their potential benefits in human health.
4. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
5. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.